"But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not." (Al-Baqarah 2:216)

V.V.I.P

Translate

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Sun




I was in the dark alone
The pain was unbearable
I had no will to live
A lifeless zombie in the shadows


But I found the Sun
He was bright and beautiful
He brought me out of the shadows
Though the hole in my heart never left


He was my best friend and
I loved him, and he loved
Me back, I didn’t deserve his
Love, for my heart wanted another


But it hurt to think about him
Even hear his name, each hit
Deepened the hole in my heart
He realized how it hurt me to hear his name


He wanted to take the pain away
He wanted me to move on
He wanted me to be his
He wanted to be mine


I wanted to be with him too
But I just couldn’t, if I
Did I might forget who I once
Loved, and I couldn’t take that chance


I was still in the dark, alone

No comments:

Post a Comment